A reserve collection provides digitised texts, literature recommendations, links and other materials relating to a course and is usually kept for the duration of a semester period. All reserve collections are stored online on the document and publication server DuEPublico and contain:
- periodical essays and book abstracts including bibliographic details and full text in PDF file format: you can read the texts online or print them out, e.g. via the library data station for a small charge.
- www links with commentary.
- reference to other documents in DuEPublico e.g. lecture notes/- films or audio-/ video material.
- further data files e.g tutorials or digitised master copies.
- books from the stock of the university library as bibliographic details with a link to the catalogue of the library.
Due to current copyright law full texts in PDF file format as well as other data files are generally accessible only with an access key assigned and communicated to the students by the lecturer him-/herself.
As long as it is not purely an online reserve collection, books (and possibly no-digitised master copies) are compiled separately, in addition, in one of the branch libraries. These books are excluded from lending. Each reserve collection is assigned a number that will help you to locate it on the reading room shelves:
- Duisburg campus:
- Branch library LK (first floor): Mathematics, computer sciences, humanities, geography and social sciences
- Branch library BA: Electrical engineering, naval architecture, material technology
- Branch library MC: Natural sciences, mechanical engineering
- Essen campus:
- Branch library for humanities and social sciences (ground floor)
- Branch library MNT (mathematics, natural sciences, technology)
- Branch library for medicine (university hospital)
By using the navigation menu on the left of this page you can access the current complete list of all reserve collections, a search schedule, examples and further information for lecturers.